Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics Recreational Therapy for LEMS, What is That?

• Recreational Therapy for LEMS, What is That?

Posted by price-wooldridge on January 18, 2021 at 7:00 am

As many of you know I’m a big advocate of staying active, even with LEMS. I already feel my continued activity has saved my life, and I’m still going. My activities include long walks daily. The winter has been an issue, because, with the virus, I can’t go into my gym when the weather’s bad. But I’m out there walking most days, even when my LEMS is flaring and my hips are weak. I adjust my miles accordingly.
    My activities are self-directed and planned. I have pets around the house too, who look after my mental health. I stay as socially active as possible. Lots of phone calls!
    Now I’m learning there is someone who can help you (and me) with a plan to stay physically and emotionally healthy. That person is a certified therapeutic recreational therapist or CTRS. He or she assesses your needs and develops a plan. What an idea! Read all about it and the concepts in this article. I hope you have a plan!

https://lamberteatonnews.com/health-insights/2020/12/21/recreational-therapy-for-lems-patients/

price-wooldridge replied 3 years, 3 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.