Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Treating LEMS IVIG and Plasmapheresis The Port is Open to Feeling Better!

• The Port is Open to Feeling Better!

Posted by price-wooldridge on July 28, 2021 at 1:00 pm

In a previous post I detailed Interventional Radiology doing the procedure to check on my PowerPort which has stopped returning blood. Today, as I write this, I’m in the infusion center getting the first 45 gram infusion of immunoglobulin for today. The remaining 45 grams will infuse tomorrow. Not expecting a blood return, the port was accessed, flushed, and the pump quickly started. Great!
    This cycle I experienced a pretty poor fourth week, as is often the case with the 4 week infusion cycle. As the antibodies wane in that last week, I often have issues appear. This time it was three days of extra LEMS fatigue in the evenings. It started Saturday at my brother-in-law’s memorial service where I stayed on my feet several hours. The bad fatigue started there and I never really had a good recovery into my infusion days. I also slept poorly. And so it goes. It’s all part of living with LEMS. The good news is we didn’t need to set an IV this month. The port is open!

price-wooldridge replied 2 years, 8 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.