• An update from me

Posted by Ashley on April 1, 2020 at 3:03 pm

Hi All!

Sorry I have been quiet lately! I have still been working in the Operating room and things have been a little more chaotic than usual as you can imagine. About two weeks ago, my hospital decided to cancel all “Elective” surgeries and only preform urgent or emergency surgeries until the surge for Coronavirus passes. I was given an opportunity to take a couple of days off  (of work) this week as we have all been rotating who is working since we have scaled down our operations and to conserve our personal protective equipment supply. There are talks of some of our nurses moving to the frontlines of the emergency room and intensive care units when and if our hospital becomes close to capacity. I have taken some personal time to get my thoughts together and to prepare for this.

I wanted to check in with you all and see how each one of you is doing and let you know you are in my thoughts!

dawn-debois replied 4 years ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • dawn-debois

April 2, 2020 at 7:21 am

Hi @ashleygregory757,

No matter how bored I may become with isolating and and now on mandatory quarantine with the rest of the state of Maine and most of the country, I won’t complain because I know there are so many on the front lines who also have compromised immune systems that CAN’T stay home. Thank you for being such an amazing nurse, and friend, and know that each and every day you are in my prayers that you are kept safe.

Stay Safe,

Dawn