Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Autoimmune LEMS An Update from Me

• An Update from Me

Posted by dawn-debois on March 31, 2020 at 11:54 am

Hi Everyone,

You may have noticed I haven’t had a column in a couple of weeks and I’ve been very quiet on here.  The reason being is that I suffered a concussion about 10 days ago. It seems my autonomic symptoms with my LEMS decided to flare a bit with the stressors going on across the world- I fainted and hit my head pretty hard. The ER did a cardiac workup, which turned out normal. I fainted when stressed as a kid, so it seems I wasn’t handling the stress of recent weeks as well as I thought I was.

In order to help heal my concussion, I’ve been limiting TV, screen time, social media, reading, etc. and have been trying to rest my brain. I’m fine with limiting most of those; but am frustrated that I can’t read right now without it exhausting me.  Reading would be a good escape from NOVID-19.

As a friend just said to me, “Dawn, you always keep things interesting.”  Well, I wish they weren’t THAT interesting for me! 😉

I’ll be back to writing more soon; but know that my thoughts are with my entire LEMS family around the globe. Stay safe, stay sane by finding fun things to keep your mind occupied, and remember, “This too shall pass.”

~Dawn

dawn-debois replied 3 years, 12 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.