Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Doing Things When You Have LEMS

• Doing Things When You Have LEMS

Posted by price-wooldridge on November 4, 2021 at 1:00 pm

How’s your LEMS doing? Mine hasn’t been so great the last few months, and I’ve curtailed some activities. It’s a bit depressing because I like to be out and about, active. In past years I would have gone to the State Fair of Texas. I didn’t go last year because of COVID and didn’t go again this year because of the LEMS. This past weekend there was a War Birds air show I usually attend. I decided not to go this year. When the hips are weak and the fatigue is up, I’m choosing not to do activities I’ve done previously. I’m not sure what to do about this.

I need a jolt out of my funk. What should I do? What do you do to get yourself recharged? We’re moving into fall here in Texas finally, so fall foliage will begin to appear very soon. The leaf drop has just started. I think I need to make a concerted effort to get out and do some photography, being careful to limit my time out, but also rebuilding some confidence. Wish me luck.

price-wooldridge replied 2 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • desiree-taliancich

November 5, 2021 at 3:16 pm

You got this, Price! 1 day and event at a time. No ones days are promised. Every day is a new opportunity to appreciate the beauty of life. Don’t let the weekend pass without a few pics I hope you will share. I live in Texas and the weather is perfect today and will be this weekend. Enjoy!

• price-wooldridge

November 5, 2021 at 5:24 pm

@deztali1980 thanks for your encouragement! We all can use a little from time to time. With 4 kids I can’t even imagine how busy your life must be. Keep on! I saw you’re in Brownsville. I haven’t been that way except once, as a kid. I’m in DFW. Trying to chill today, one day post booster shot, I still got out for a short walk. There’s nothing like sunshine, fresh air, and nature! Let those endorphins flow.

• david1949

November 5, 2021 at 6:38 pm

Price,

I have multiple mobility aids so I can still get around. Short distances, quad cane. Medium distances, I use my drive walker. Longer distances, I use my battery operated scooter. We are headed to Colonial Williamsburg next week for an outing and I will use whatever mobility aid I need to get out and about.

David

• price-wooldridge

November 6, 2021 at 9:15 am

@dpmitnick Hi David! It’s good to hear you’re making every effort to get out and enjoy life! We have to! My treatment plan includes IVIG, Mestinon, and Firdapse (amifampridine). Have you thought of adding Firdapse? I’ve had a bit of a turn in recent months and decided to skip the state fair and an air show. I’m kicking myself for not going. We all need to push ourselves and you’ve inspired me today. It’s 39 degrees and sunny so I’ll bundle up and go for a walk now. Thanks!