• Driving issues?

Posted by heather on March 18, 2022 at 11:02 am

Im trying to assess the problem I am having with driving and I assume that a few folks might have some insight!!  The muscle weakness in my legs and core is really bad.

I am getting a fullset of spinet brain MRIs tomorbut it looks like LEMS. My legs are “burned out” as soon as I walk down the hall to my doctor’s office from handclap parking. I cannot even go up one stair step unassisted when flaring like this. I am able to drive but I’m then crashed, sore, weak and my Everest exhausted for a few days.

My question

How does one tell the difference if it is the driving causing the problem or if it is the need for Assistive Devices before and after actual driving bc its the walking that’s doing me in?

heather

price-wooldridge replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • price-wooldridge

March 19, 2022 at 8:10 am

@heatherbluephoenixart-com LEMS weakness classically presents in the hips/legs. From the wording of your post I can’t tell if you’re actually diagnosed with Lamber-Eaton.
    When my first extreme weakness appeared, I had difficulty getting out of the car.
    MRI’s are a fantastic diagnostic tool. I think you and your doctors will find a lot of answers which will help you and your medical team make good decisions to best help you.