Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS First dose of Covid Vaccine Pfizer

• First dose of Covid Vaccine Pfizer

Posted by patricia-lempert on April 23, 2021 at 7:10 am

Hello All ,

I received my first Vaccine the beginning of April 2021 (Pfizer)

I have to say it has been a little bit of a journey but not to bad .

I have the LEMS to manage , Hoshimotos, Along with my Heart ( Wenchback AV condition ) & unfortunately I know have Colitis to .

Im batting a 1000 LOL but I’m trying my best to remain positive .

My Shot was not to bad the only unfortunate part I would say is about 6 days after the first dose I started to have rectal bleeding – Now let me say that I can NOT confirm that it was a side effect since I always had some stomach issues & I’m currently dealing with a lot of stress at the moment .

The only symptoms I really want to speak of which is still very much bothering me is my legs – the lower part of my shins  have been more painful then usual ? like I said not sure why .

Other then that I feel ok Im grateful I’m here GOD is good and he is keeping me going .

Can anyone with LEMS let me know if they too felt any lower extremity pain in their shins ?

Have a great day everyone . Thank you for being here .

price-wooldridge replied 2 years, 12 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • price-wooldridge

April 23, 2021 at 7:42 am

@trish724 Sounds like you have many challenges as I know many LEMS patients do, me included! And the one that popped out in your description was “stress”. It can have such a big impact on everything.
    To answer your question, I have not had the pain you describe, and I have diabetic neuropathy in my bushel basket of problems. I’ve got heart issues too. Perhaps someone else has experienced the pain you describe. I just wanted to you to know you have the support of another LEMS patient. Be sure and report this problem to your health team.