• Fridapse vs Rezugi

Posted by sweepea32 on December 21, 2020 at 5:05 pm

Hi all

My sister is on Fridapse for LEMS. On another site I am on some folks state they do better on Rezurgi than Fridapse.

Has anyone (as an adult) tried Rezurgi? If one can help more than the other in some people why not?

My sister is fearful if she stops Fridapse and gets the doc to prescibe Rezugi will they easily switch her back to Fridapse if the Rezurgi is not helping as much as the Fridapse was…

It really is a crap shoot with this since it is so rare…

Anyone with any experience please advise.

thank you

sweepea32 replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • price-wooldridge

December 21, 2020 at 7:42 pm

Hi Mary! I have not but have heard from others and reports are all over the map. Some say they feel no difference. Some say one works better than the other for them. I’ve read papers backing up the efficacy of both. In fact they both have the same active ingredient, amifampridine. Firdapse has a stabilizer added, phosphate. In the US Firdapse is approved for adults and Ruzurgi for children. Some adults do receive Ruzurgi “off label”. I hope this helps, though I have only been on Firdapse.

• sweepea32

December 22, 2020 at 2:12 pm

Thank you Price. I guess when looking for different options you kind of reach for anything.

I hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season!