Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Gluten-Free Diet for LEMS, Pt. 1, Why GF?

• Gluten-Free Diet for LEMS, Pt. 1, Why GF?

Posted by price-wooldridge on January 31, 2022 at 7:00 am

@ashleygregory757 just posted a great topic on anti-inflammatory diets. One of those, a Gluten-Free or GF diet, does exactly that! …and I’m an ‘expert’ on a GF diet, having strictly been following one for many, many years. In Part 1. I’ll tell you what led me to be Gluten Free. In Part 2, I’ll detail specifics of how to implement one, and how I do it.

My first autoimmune disorder diagnosed was DH, or Dermatitis Herpetiformis, a celiac problem. You can read about DH HERE.

Early on, even having DH, I pretty much ignored a GF diet and took the drug, Dapsone, prescribed by my dermatologist to mitigate the inflammation blistering problem. When I moved into the VA medical systems, doctors there didn’t want to continue giving me Dapsone, and because I was chronically anemic, was sent to the GI doctors for an upper and lower scope of my GI tract. Before the procedure, I discussed my celiac DH so he would know what to look for besides any bleeding. A week later I was called into the doctor’s office, shown images from the scope, and told NOW was the time to start that Gluten-Free diet. He was serious. I got serious. My GF journey started here, about 7 years ago.

In Part 2, my diet, and how to do a GF diet yourself!

price-wooldridge replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • marym

February 1, 2022 at 11:03 pm

Im looking forward to Part2. I have to be on that diet and with weak muscles I havent been able to lift a pan until the Firdapse really kicked in. Im getting better but still ordering GF frozen meal very few choises are available. Thank you for sharing!

• price-wooldridge

February 2, 2022 at 9:56 am

@marym You can do it! And after the principles I talk about in Part 2, I will talk about dining out GF in Part 3. After you’ve read them, please ask questions if you need more information.