Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Hello 2022, Goals to Better Health!

• Hello 2022, Goals to Better Health!

Posted by Price Wooldridge on January 3, 2022 at 7:00 am

We’re now firmly into 2022! Thank goodness. 2021 was not a good year medically speaking, with the continuing pandemic. As I remember it was better than 2020, but the bar to jump over for a better 2022 is set VERY low.

The new year is always a time of reflection and looking forward, often setting new goals or renewing old ones. Gotta lose more weight this year. How many times have I had that one! Ha!
    But seriously, this is a good point to reconsider and set new health goals for 2022.

Last year my big goal was to go all year, healthy, with no hospital stays. That lasted 22 days until I went into surgery to place a pacemaker on January 22nd. Late this year I got to visit my pals in the ER with a low blood pressure event. The best laid plans, right?

So that’s my renewed goal for 2022, no trips to the ER or hospital stays. I also need to up my exercise and activity, which fell off the last half of the year. I’ve got to get better control of my glucose. It wasn’t great at the end of the year (see less activity mentioned before this). My LEMS needs to get better. There’s been a lot of hip weakness in the last part of 2021. I see my neurologist in February and hope we can come to some plan to adjust medications, if it’s warranted.

So that’s me! What about you! What are your health goals for 2022?

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 3 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.