Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums LEMS Community Zoom Socials I Can’t Wait to See You for Our Next Social! Anyone From Europe?

• I Can’t Wait to See You for Our Next Social! Anyone From Europe?

Posted by price-wooldridge on October 28, 2021 at 12:04 pm

It’s almost November and time for our next LEMS forum social. Our last one was a big success. We had 9 people at the Zoom conference from 8 states. What I’d like to see now is someone from a foreign country joining us. Just last week I was at a Zoom conference and met a fellow patient with sickle cell disease. She was from London! It’s fun to meet people from other countries.

Our next Zoom meet-up is Tuesday, November 9th, at 4 PM EST. Checking my world clock, this would be 10 PM in London. That seems doable, right?

Regardless of where you are though, please join me and co-moderator, Ashley, for the November meet-up.

price-wooldridge replied 2 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • sandra-gunther

October 30, 2021 at 10:21 am

Hello Price and fellow LEMSies,

I would like to join you for the next Zoom conference on November 9th.

My name is Sandra Günther, I am 54, Dutch, but living in Switzerland for over 30 years. I was diagnosed with LEMS in October 2018, I’m using Firdapse since December 2018 and having IVIG since May 2019.

I have never met another LEMS patient, so I am really looking forward to meeting you all!

Could you please just inform me what I have to do to join the meeting?

We will change to winter time this weekend. You’re changing on November 7th, right? So the time difference will be 6 hours?

Best regards from Switzerland

Sandra Günther

<p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

• price-wooldridge

October 30, 2021 at 5:01 pm

@sandra Hi Sandra! We would love to have you join us November 9, and 4 PM Eastern Standard Time in the US. You are correct, we will go off Daylight Savings Time two days prior on November 7th. We are 6 hours different from Europe (at least London I know. I’ve been hoping we could pull someone in from over there, so I hope you can join us. And I’m especially excited, since you’ve not met another LEMS patient! All of us there will either have LEMS or be a caregiver. Both me and my co-moderator @ashleygregory757 have LEMS.
      These are Zoom meetings, so ensure that you can do those technically with your computer, tablet, or phone. The day of, a topic will be posted with the link to join the meeting. Just log in a bit early and we look forward to meeting you.

• ruth-nixon

November 1, 2021 at 6:58 am

I would also like to join you on the zoom meeting. I am from Ireland and was diagnosed with LEMS in 2018. I know nobody with LEMS in Ireland so it would be great to catch up.

• price-wooldridge

November 1, 2021 at 3:49 pm

@ruth We hope you can! I’m not sure of the time difference, but on that date we have had our winter time change back to Standard Time. The meetup is November 9, 4 PM Eastern Standard Time in the US. Hope you can join us for a chat, Ruth!

• Ashley

November 1, 2021 at 7:45 am

Hey @ruth

We would absolutely love to have you join us! Hope to see you! 🙂

• Ashley

November 1, 2021 at 7:45 am

Hey @ruth

We would absolutely love to have you join us! Hope to see you! 🙂