• Posted by david1949 on January 12, 2022 at 2:42 pm

I had a virtual appointment with my new neurologist last week. As I experienced on my first visit, he is very thorough. After catching up on the past four months, he told me that he has a concern if I am actually a LEMS patient. I meet the criteria based on symptoms and initial lab work and IVIG and Mestonin are very helpful with my symptoms.  His thoughts are that there is more going on with my spinal stenosis in the lumbar and cervical spine. So now I have an MRI of my cervical spine, an MRI of my lumbar spine and an EMG scheduled for next month. Has anyone else gone through anything like this when you changed neurologists?

price-wooldridge replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • price-wooldridge

January 12, 2022 at 3:43 pm

@dpmitnick I hope someone with some experience with this will comment. I know I kept my VGCC antibodies test results by taking a photo off my neurologist’s screen because I couldn’t get it otherwise. I keep it in a safe place. This is strictly my personal opinion, but if you tested positive for VGCC antibodies, had a confirmatory EMG and clinical evaluation in the beginning, that should give you the diagnosis. I do understand many have other, complicating factors which could muddy the picture. And BTW, I too responded well to Mestinon, which was the first medication I was given on diagnosis.