Tagged: 

• Price Wooldridge

October 20, 2021 at 2:42 pm

@dpmitnick this is a good topic as @ashleygregory757 and I have been talking about this very subject off and on for awhile.
    I particularly have disturbed sleep around my IVIG infusions.
    In my case I do a couple of things. 5 MG melatonin about an hour before bedtime. I like my caffeine, but don’t have any after a dinner cup of coffee or tea, if I have that.
    Regarding the 4, 7, 8 breathing meditations, I had to go look that up. I know these types of practices can be very effective, I just don’t do them myself.
    And finally, if your chronic insomnia becomes bothersome and a real problem, please report to your doctor and ask about a sleep study. There could be other issues you might not be aware of.

• jennifer-jeanne-kim

October 20, 2021 at 11:07 pm

Hello David, I have found yoga nidra to be helpful. It has odd name, but it is simply relaxing the body and mind. Liam Gille has some on YouTube. It’s important you find a speaker whose voice works for you. I find if I keep following along, eventually my body and mind calm down. If you want a live class, there is one on Tuesdays at 12 Noon PST (I can share details if you’d like). Reveri is also a free App that has a sleep module that is interactive.