Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Is Hip Weakness the Big Barometer of Your LEMS Status?

• Is Hip Weakness the Big Barometer of Your LEMS Status?

Posted by price-wooldridge on October 27, 2021 at 1:00 pm

If you were expecting a great, scientific study article on this sorry, I’m just spitballing the idea. For me, hip weakness is my most used, ongoing barometer of my LEMS that day. So for me, the answer is, YES. How about you? Perhaps it’s your dysphagia (swallowing), or fatigue level that day. Or perhaps it’s how your voice is sounding this morning? Let me know in comments.

My hip weakness on my walk this morning was noticeable. It didn’t feel good. The hips haven’t felt good in a few months, but today was especially bad. That’s what I’m talking about. And sometimes it changes from morning to the evening. What tells you your LEMS status?

price-wooldridge replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • mark-j-cafiso

October 29, 2021 at 3:43 pm

Definitely the hip/leg weakness. If I’m active at all one day, the next day I know will be difficult. I recently was on vacation, and only planned activities that required any walking every other day.

• price-wooldridge

October 29, 2021 at 5:31 pm

I wish I could predict tomorrow based on today’s hips. I’m glad you’ve found it a dependable barometer for your activities.