• IVIG and Coronavirus

Posted by Ashley on June 24, 2020 at 12:35 pm

Hey all!

I haven’t personally experienced this, but I’ve heard that some have not been able to get IVIG during this time because an infusion center has either closed or patients have been told “it’s not safe to come to one.” Has anyone here experienced this or had to switch over to home infusions because of this?

Personally, my infusion center is a stand alone center (not in a hospital). We also have private “rooms” that each patient is in, so they are relatively safe although they do require us to wear a mask the entire day and have restricted visitors so that only patients are allowed in the center. Last month, they were also checking our vitals in a small cornered off area before we were allowed to come in, so I feel pretty safe being there.

I also know that if I don’t receive my IVIG, I will be a lot sicker and have many more problems so I’m willing to take a small risk.

What are your thoughts?

Ashley replied 3 years, 9 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
  • romy-braunstein

July 1, 2020 at 9:54 pm

HI Ashley,

If anyone has ANY issues with getting IVIG or any financial aid….you can give out Sharon’s name from BioTek reMEdys Patient Service Director, she can help patients get IVIG infusion in the comfort of their own home and all insurance needs 877-246-9104 ex: 4061.  I have noticed on some rare disease sites that patients are canceling their infusions due to the FEAR of going into an infusion center.  Have no fear!  Sharon is here!!  Hope this helps some patients.  BioTek reMedys is national and I know them personally.  You can direct message me if you have any additional questions.  Sharing is caring!!  Romy