Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics LEMS and Your Mental Well-being

• LEMS and Your Mental Well-being

Posted by Price Wooldridge on October 15, 2020 at 8:00 am

Let’s just say it. Having and dealing day in day out with Lambert-Eaton is a mental strain. Let’s not fool ourselves. Knowing this as a given, I think we need to watch ourselves carefully. A little self-assessment and adjustment is needed sometimes, and sometimes frequently. From my perspective, part of it is the day to day assessment of how I’m feeling, how I need to adjust appropriately, and always making judgments about lifestyle and scheduling. Everything’s a calculation! It’s the scheduling of Mestinon and Firdapde, every day. When is my next IVIG? Do I have my community care referral in place? Am I up to getting out today? You get it! This stuff goes on and on and never stops. As a result I think it’s easy to become self-absorbed. It’s almost how could you not? And the daily strain can result in depression. So, like I said, we need to watch ourselves. If you see it, or perhaps a friend or family member says something, maybe it’s time to take stock, and even seek out some help. None of us are so mentally strong that we can’t use a little help sometimes.

Price Wooldridge replied 3 years, 6 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.