Tagged: , ,

• Monday Motivation

Posted by dawn-debois on September 28, 2020 at 9:00 am

Happy Monday!

In Maine the leaves are turning almost to peak colors and the weather has been a perfect 74-ish degrees. I love fall. Some of my friends don’t like fall because winter is just around the corner. For me, I choose to “squeeze the day” and enjoy each day for what it is without worrying about the cold days to come.

This week I’m looking forward to apple picking with a friend and then making some not so healthy delicious baked treats (apple crisp anyone?). Some weeks with LEMS are more difficult than others. However, having friends that understand the ups and downs of our rare disease is quite helpful. My close friends can tell how I’m doing just by the sound of my voice, or by the look on my face when we get together. I feel so fortunate that they are supportive if I have to cancel plans- we just reschedule for another day. Likewise, if a friend has to cancel plans with me for ANY reason, I remind them that I’m someone who completely understands that life happens while we are busy making plans.

How about you? Do you have something fun planned this week? Do you have friends who can easily gauge how you are doing with your LEMS symptoms within seconds of speaking with or seeing you?

One challenge many of us share is that some friends drop by the wayside after being diagnosed with a chronic lifechanging disease like LEMS. However, I always say, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies. There is much more value in one quarter than one penny. 😉

dawn-debois replied 3 years, 6 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.