Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS My COVID-19 Booster is In the House (arm)!

• My COVID-19 Booster is In the House (arm)!

Posted by price-wooldridge on November 8, 2021 at 7:00 am

Have you had your booster vaccine for SARS-CoV-2? I just got mine two days ago. I know fellow moderator, @ashleygregory757, got hers some time ago. Healthcare workers like her were and are priority for the vaccine.
    After reading my friend, Ed Tobias’ column, “MS Wire”, on the MS page, I learned the booster shot is ONLY a half dose. I hadn’t thought about that. I figured it was just another third dose, like those previously given. I learn something new every day!
    I got the Moderna in January and February, so I was due for the booster. When you got your original vaccinations, do you remember what that was like? I do. I grabbed the first appointment available, waited in a long car line, and then another long line in a very crowded conference center. This time it was EASY! UT Southwestern Medical Center made my appointment scheduling easy. I arrived, parked in a handicapped spot, went up to the 9th floor, checked in and got my shot. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.
    Having LEMS, we are always cautious about making these decisions on getting vaccines. For me, given the risks, it’s always been a no-brainer. The only reaction I had this time was a sore shoulder for about a day.
    I hope you will consider getting your booster too!

price-wooldridge replied 2 years, 5 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.