Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics My Shoulder Weakness Physical Therapy is Complete!

• My Shoulder Weakness Physical Therapy is Complete!

Posted by Price Wooldridge on November 22, 2021 at 7:00 am

The headline says it all! I saw my occupational/physical therapist for the last time last week. She seemed quite excited and perhaps a bit emotional to end our exercise treatment plan. She told me she didn’t know what to expect with me (and the LEMS), and I read her original assessment, “guarded”.

The last session we discussed what was working well for me, what was more difficult, and my overall assessment. I’ve been on an isometric and resistance band exercise plan for a few months now. Originally, I came in with significant atrophy of my left shoulder muscles and weakness too. We tested on the first visit and got good data for the starting point. I was noticeably weaker on the left side from the ongoing LEMS weakness. At that time I had been doing no upper body workout.

Now that we’re about 3 months down the road, we measured again this past week. The numbers were significantly better on both sides! She was so excited, and so was I! We were and are accomplishing the goals I had for myself. My goal was to stop the atrophy, reverse it, and gain strength all across my shoulders and arms.

I had a great therapist who seemed to pick up on cause of the muscle weakness from LEMS. We both knew the ongoing muscle weakness was not going to be cured with a physical therapy workout. My LEMS weakness that comes and goes in my shoulders hasn’t gone away. My right shoulder is getting worse now. There are still mornings I can hardly reach up to turn my CPAP off. But we did get what I wanted, more strength and tone in the affected muscles. From here the physical therapy doesn’t stop. Now this is a workout routine I will continue about 3 days a week, adding to the other activities I do. All in all, this was a giant success!

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 5 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.