Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics My Very First LEMS Medication, Pyridostigmine

• My Very First LEMS Medication, Pyridostigmine

Posted by Price Wooldridge on January 5, 2022 at 1:07 pm

Pyridostigmine, often referred to by the brand name, Mestinon, was the very first medication I was given at my LEMS diagnosis clinical visit. This class of medication is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. It helps the neurotransmitter, Acetylcholine, hang around longer at the neuromuscular junction. And it works for me!

My LEMS diagnosis happened in early January 2017. It’s winter in Texas then, so I was in the gym almost daily walking the treadmill. I was on no LEMS medication prior to receiving the diagnosis. The wonder of it was, the first time I went to the treadmill after starting pyridostigmine, my walking seemed easier. I noticed it immediately! Right away, I was able to increase my treadmill speeds and felt my walking strides were stronger. Pyridostigmine continues to be in my treatment plan.

If you’re new to LEMS or don’t know much about this medication, prescribed off-label for LEMS, you can read more about it here.

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 3 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.