Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums LEMS Community Zoom Socials Next LEMS October Social Date and Time, and a reflection

• Next LEMS October Social Date and Time, and a reflection

Posted by Price Wooldridge on September 20, 2021 at 7:00 am

First, let me get it out there that I’m sorry I missed the September Social. I always get so much from meeting other LEMS patients, talking with and learning from them. I will never forget the emotional impact of meeting my first LEMS patient face to face in the summer of 2017. To actually shake hands and chat with that person about a LEMS flare, and getting a knowing acknowledgement was beyond huge for me. It was an acknowledgement and affirmation about my disorder, because they shared it! So I know how impactful these socials are, even if by Zoom meeting.

Our next October Social will be October 12th, 4 PM Eastern time in the US. I’ve blocked off my calendar and can’t wait to see and visit with you!

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Lori Dunham

September 22, 2021 at 9:03 am

Looking forward to the next Zoom meeting in October. Grace and I enjoyed “meeting” all of you that could join in on the call. We have never met any LEMS patients in person so this is the next best thing until that could happen. It really encouraged Grace to see other people like her. It was a blessing to me as well! We missed you Price and look forward to seeing you at the next one.

• Price Wooldridge

September 22, 2021 at 9:39 am

Yes, I hope your schedule permits you to be a part of October Social! And Grace too if she can. Though we’ve texted and spoken by phone, a Zoom face to face would be a first.

• RDT

September 26, 2021 at 10:09 am

Shoot missing this one too. 2nd time a Dr. appts falls on our social. Sorry.

• Price Wooldridge

September 26, 2021 at 10:31 am

I missed last month’s Zoom because of a doctor appointment too. Those have to come first. The current plan is to do one a month on the second Tuesday of the month. We’ll catch you another time!