Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Autoimmune LEMS Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome

• Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome

Posted by Dawn DeBois on June 24, 2020 at 10:33 am

LEMme Tell Ya- Quarantine has not been easy for me!  If you follow my Instagram, you have seen that I’ve been laid up recently with a bum knee.  After a month of concussion recovery that involved sleeping close to 20 hours a day, followed by a month of eating close to 20 hours a day, I decided I better get walking.  However, my kneecap started painfully pulling out of place. Fortunately, the doc that saw me loves orthopedics and as soon as I started to explain that I have the opposite of Myasthenia Gravis -she responded “Eaton Lambert?”- she had an idea what was going on.

X-rays confirmed my knee anatomy is fine. No gym for 3 months has left my lower legs weakened even more than normal thus my over zealous walking got things way out of whack and I’m in pain.  This happened to me before- about 10 years ago when I attempted to avoid elevators and only use stairs.  Has anyone else with LEMS dealt with patellofemoral pain syndrome?

I’m being reminded of my rheumatologist cautioning me one time that if I ever got injured working out, that it would take me forever to heal due to my co-morbid conditions.  Sigh.  I’m being reminded to never take the little things, like walking without pain, for granted!

Dawn DeBois replied 3 years, 10 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.