• Posted by dawn-debois on September 19, 2020 at 7:56 am

One good thing that came out of my recent concussion exacerbation was that I experienced an extreme symptom increase due to stress. I was having challenges managing my symptoms; but things quickly got out of control when I let a situation that caused me great anger to take hold.  The correlation of my increased stress level and concussion symptom exacerbation was undeniable.

We are told over and over again to manage our stress in order to help keep our LEMS symptoms better managed. Many patients, including myself, have noted an increase in symptoms with an increase in stress. Well, we are currently living in the most stressful time in mankind. I feel strongly about this because the 1918 flu did not have 24/7 news channels showing what was going wrong with the pandemic across the globe! Ignorance is bliss!

So, I have added lots more candles to my self-care routine. I even purchased this small Zen Garden Buddha Statue and some essential oil aromatherapy tea lights to start and end each day with. I enjoy it so much that many friends have woken up to a pic of Buddha glowing in the candle light in a message from me, letting them know I’m thinking of them.

What do you recommend for self-care during these trying times?

[caption id="attachment_16686" align="alignnone" width="300"] Dawn’s Zen Garden Buddha Statue with an essential oil aromatherapy candle.[/caption]

dawn-debois replied 3 years, 7 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.