Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics Sleep Wonderful Sleep! (maybe, YES, NO?)

• Sleep Wonderful Sleep! (maybe, YES, NO?)

Posted by Price Wooldridge on November 11, 2021 at 7:00 am

I got a surprise package the other day from a thoughtful friend containing a wonderful selection of CBD products and herbal teas to help with my ongoing quest for the perfect night’s sleep. And yes, it’s an ongoing quest!

Let’s face it, most of us need a good night’s rest, especially LEMS patients, with our special fatigue problems. A night’s sleep for me is usually a bit over 7 hours, but with a LEMS crash, can extend out to 9. I also have intermittent cramping in my legs and feet.

Add CPAP therapy, and I’m quite the sight!

My first-line treatment is melatonin. The doctors gave it to me during a hospital stay last year, and I’ve continued the practice. I’ve found 5 MG 30 to 60 minutes before bed sets me up.

With the gifted products, I’ve now tried a couple of CBD gummies. They didn’t set me up for bed like the melatonin, but my night’s rest was very calming both nights. I woke up rested and calm. I’ve also tried some of the herbal teas and like those too. All are non-caffeine and usually contain chamomile and other herbs. I haven’t used these as a bedtime setup, but anything that’s “calming” is a plus for me.

A big sleep-time problem for me accompanies my IVIG treatments. I have two days of immunoglobulin infusions starting today, through tomorrow. I was given some sub-lingual CBD drops and will evaluate them the next two nights. Fingers crossed.

Let me know what you do to help you sleep!

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 5 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.