Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Smart Watches, Your Health, and LEMS

• Smart Watches, Your Health, and LEMS

Posted by price-wooldridge on November 4, 2021 at 7:04 am

[caption id="attachment_19077" align="alignnone" width="300"] Apple Watch Series 4[/caption]

Here’s my smart watch, the Apple Watch Series 4. This was the first Series that added the ECG function to show heart electrical activity I could share with my cardiologist. Apple has just released Series 7 which has many improvements and has added a pulse oximeter function to measure blood oxygen levels. There are smart watches made by Fitbit, Garmin, and others with similar functionality.
    As a LEMS patient who also has cardiac issues, I’ve found my smart watch an essential tool to help me keep tabs on my condition and provide information helpful to my care team.
    For LEMS I can accurately measure my walking pace on my frequent walks. The pace I walk at generally correlates to how my LEMS is doing that day. I can monitor my daily activity by step count too. If mine was the newest Series 7, I’d definitely use the pulse ox too, monitoring my saturation during walks or anytime I feel a bit out of breath.
    The circles of the Activity app can not only monitor your daily activity, but help motivate you to “close the rings”. The outside ring activity calories, the middle ring exercise, and the inside ring, standing count. It’s all about staying active every day, as best we can with LEMS. Do you have a smart watch? And how do you use it?

price-wooldridge replied 2 years, 5 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.