Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums BioNews Content Flash Briefings Thoughtful Thursday- My Concussion Worsened Instead of Getting Better

• Thoughtful Thursday- My Concussion Worsened Instead of Getting Better

Posted by dawn-debois on September 24, 2020 at 10:26 am

When I suffered my concussion at the end of March, the last thing I thought was that it would end up causing me to have to stop working for the Lambert-Eaton News for 2 months. Well, LEMme Tell Ya, it’s been an eye opening experience.

I will admit, I had never given much thought to what people go through when they suffer a concussion. Typically they are better within a few weeks. Unfotunately, for a small minority, their symptoms turn into Post Concussive Syndrome and can go on for months or even years. I pray my symptoms don’t go on for years.

Here is Part 1 of 2 as to what I was up to while I was on medical leave. I didn’t plan on sharing this part of my story when I went through it; but my return to writing coincided with National Concussion Awareness Day- so it was a must! I will share in an upcoming column more about how this difficult time period affected my LEMS management and SubQ treatments as well.

Thank you for listening and to @pricewool for doing an outstanding job reading the Flash Briefing. As always, I share my story to help others have more understanding from their loved ones if they happen to go through the same thing.

https://soundcloud.com/lemsnews/my-concussion-worsened-instead-of-getting-better

dawn-debois replied 3 years, 6 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.