Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics Walking with LEMS (video)

• Walking with LEMS (video)

Posted by price-wooldridge on September 24, 2020 at 8:16 am

I’ve kind of made it my mission to encourage those of us with LEMS to keep moving and get out there walking. My philosophy, use it or lose it. I know, sometimes you might feel exhausted and walking seems impossible. I have that happen too. But most days, I’m able to get out. I shot this video as entertainment, but know I’ve got LEMS too. I had to walk both sides of this town’s downtown to capture it. I hope you’ll make the effort to walk. For me walking is life.

https://vimeo.com/459982695

price-wooldridge replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • dawn-debois

September 24, 2020 at 10:14 am

Yeah @pricewool!  Another video!!

You have such  talent- Thank you for sharing it with us on the Forums!  Grapevine looks like a very cool place. I’ve tried to do videos on occasion and they are horrible- I’ll stick with writing!

I walk Rocky the pug every day and often times I’ll see things and think “that would be a cool picture” but I don’t even bring my phone with me since getting my Apple Watch. I’m thinking I need to move someplace warm before the snow flies- I’m even more nervous about ice and snow this year than ever. The last thing I need is another fall.  I think I’ll set up a treadmill for walking instead.

Thanks for sharing and keep on walking!

• price-wooldridge

September 24, 2020 at 1:36 pm

@dawn-debois thanks for the compliment. I just can’t stop walking, and I just can’t stop going out with a camera.
    You really should take your phone out with you. It serves quite well as an everyday-carry camera when those moments pop up. And they do. I might be torn between one of these exercise bikes and a treadmill for winter exercise. 🙂

• lori-dunham

September 25, 2020 at 2:56 pm

I love Grapevine. We lived in Irving for five years when we were first married. A beautiful town to explore by walking.

• lori-dunham

September 25, 2020 at 2:56 pm

(Grapevine, not Irving)

• searching4answers

September 25, 2020 at 4:22 pm

I admire your willpower. You are right in that if we don’t use our muscles, they atrophy. Logically, I know I have to move to keep strength but just standing some days is hard. The top of my body feels so heavy for my legs. Then the less I move, the less I want to, the less I can..it just spirals. It is so hard to fight the exhaustion.

• price-wooldridge

September 25, 2020 at 5:48 pm

Oh, Wow! Couldn’t agree more Lori. It’s a goin’ place, Nd they cultivate the activities and traffic with restaurants and wine bars. Glad you liked the video!

• price-wooldridge

September 25, 2020 at 5:50 pm

I hate to hear it when people struggle so much. Hopefully, with a diagnosis, you can get on a plan that will help you recover much of what you struggle with now.