Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS ” We’re staying home for the holidays”

• ” We’re staying home for the holidays”

Posted by Ashley on December 1, 2020 at 1:34 pm

I hope you all were able to enjoy your Thanksgiving although it probably looked a lot different this year.

I’m seeing COVID cases in my area rapidly rise and I’m trying to make a personal decision on how I want to spend Christmas.

I love Lori’s article about “Staying home for the holidays.”

I know we all are probably still feeling torn and disappointed about the upcoming holidays and the current state of the pandemic we are in.

Normally, I visit my family in NC for Christmas, but this year I think I may stay at home. Many of my family members aren’t participating in social distancing and don’t believe in wearing a mask, which means they are still planning on having a large get together on Christmas Eve. Either way, I will not be attending this gathering, but also feel torn about being around family members who chose to go to a large event and didn’t wear a mask.

I agree with Lori that we should “Let’s make “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” our theme song and finish this year well,” as she states in her latest article.

How are you handling the holidays?

How do you explain to family that you won’t be attending?

I hope to hear some of your thoughts on this tricky topic.

Ashley replied 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Lori Dunham

December 1, 2020 at 2:42 pm

Ashley, I know how hard it is to make the decision to stay home and not participate in family events, especially at the holidays and when family members do not understand.  We will be staying home, even when we deeply desire to be with family, but we know it’s important especially now with covid cases increasing.  I keep reminding myself it is not forever.  This to shall pass!!!! Hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Ashley

December 2, 2020 at 7:18 am

Hey @lorildunham

I couldn’t agree with you more! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!