Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics What age were you diagnosed with LEMS?

• What age were you diagnosed with LEMS?

Posted by Ashley on December 9, 2020 at 10:01 am

Hey all!

Recently, I’ve had a couple of people reaching out to me on social media that were newly diagnosed with LEMS, a couple of them my age.

I’m wondering what age you all were when you were diagnosed with LEMS?

I was 26. What about you?

Ashley replied 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • sweepea32

December 10, 2020 at 6:35 am

Hi Ashley. I am in the group to give my sister with LEMS support. She was 65 at diagnosis.

• Ashley

December 10, 2020 at 7:17 am

Hey @sweepea32

Yes, I remember chatting with you earlier this year! Thanks for sharing with us!

• sweepea32

December 10, 2020 at 4:32 pm

yes thanks for remembering Ashley.

• Ashley

December 15, 2020 at 12:48 pm

No problemĀ @sweepea32

How is she doing?

• sweepea32

December 15, 2020 at 12:59 pm

So so…she could be doing much better. The chemo has taken a toll and the LEMS is really tough. After the holidays she may consider IVig…it is such a struggle. Thanks for asking. I hope you are doing ok. šŸ™‚

• roberta

December 15, 2020 at 5:17 pm

I was 63

• Ashley

December 16, 2020 at 7:28 am

HeyĀ  @sweepea32!

I’m sorry to hear, she is going through so much! I really think (and hope) that IVIG could be promising for her and give her some relief! Keep me updated!

HeyĀ  @bobbi-lynn-berry !

Thanks for sharing! I think the majority of this group was diagnosed around then as well

• roberta

December 18, 2020 at 6:17 pm

Ha. Donā€™t know what I was thinking!!! Ā I was 53. Not 63!!! Ā Been 12 years since my diagnosis.

• Ashley

December 18, 2020 at 6:23 pm

No worriesĀ @bobbi-lynn-berry

We all have our “brain fog” moments, and lately I’m finding I have a lot more of them so I totally understand! šŸ™‚

• Ashley

December 18, 2020 at 6:23 pm

No worriesĀ @bobbi-lynn-berry

We all have our “brain fog” moments, and lately I’m finding I have a lot more of them so I totally understand! šŸ™‚