Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS Will you be getting a third COVID-19 booster shot?

• Will you be getting a third COVID-19 booster shot?

Posted by Ashley on August 17, 2021 at 8:38 am

Studies are mounting about the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine on immunocompromised patients.

According to the CDC, “Studies indicate some immunocompromised people don’t always build the same level of immunity after vaccination the way non-immunocompromised people do, and may benefit from an additional dose to ensure adequate protection against COVID-19.”

On Friday, the FDA has approved a third COVID-19 booster for immunocompromised patients.

The CDC posted guidelines on who should receive the 3rd “booster” vaccine and they are as follows:

• Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
    • Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
    • Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
    • Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
    • Advanced or untreated HIV infection
    • Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response

If you meet any of these, they are recommending you receive the booster.

What are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I have already contacted my doctor’s office and have asked to get the booster as soon as they are able. I read today that drug stores are also administering it, so I may call around and see if I can get it there faster.

marym replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • marym

August 17, 2021 at 7:45 pm

Yes i will get the booster. Im waiting a little while to hear from other people and their reactions.

• Ashley

August 20, 2021 at 9:38 am

Hey @marym!

I ended up getting my booster shot on monday night. I’m going to make a post with my review! I recommend getting it as soon as you can!

• marym

September 5, 2021 at 6:34 pm

I received my booster. No side effects. Of coarse arm hurt overnight.

• Ashley

September 7, 2021 at 10:58 am

@marym

I’m so happy to hear this! 🙂

• roberta

September 7, 2021 at 3:20 pm

I received my booster last week.  I had a headache off and on the next day.  Maybe a little sleepy, as well, but otherwise no problems.

• Ashley

September 13, 2021 at 7:36 am

Hey @bobbi-lynn-berry

I’m so glad you were able to get your booster also and I’m happy to hear that you had a mild reaction and no major side effects! 🙂

• marym

September 15, 2021 at 8:35 pm

Yes I did. I only had a sore arm. There wasnt after effect