Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS 3 1/2 moderna shots

• 3 1/2 moderna shots

Posted by David1949 on February 9, 2022 at 2:36 pm

I have had three full moderna vaccines and became eligible for a booster five months after my 3rd full shot. There was confusion about whether I would get a fourth full shot or a booster. The CDC guidelines were vague so the staff at CVS pharmacy decided on the booster.

Has anyone else experienced this dilemma?

David1949 replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Price Wooldridge

February 9, 2022 at 4:27 pm

@dpmitnick That’s a good question. Maybe @ashleygregory757 has heard something about a 4th booster shot, but I have not heard any solid guidance. I’d be happy to take a fourth if deemed necessary, but neither the VA or the county I live in is going to offer it to me without FDA approval.
    COVID hospitalizations here are dropping quickly and I heard a news story yesterday from our large county hospital saying COVID admissions were down 67% over a period I can’t remember. Will this be an ongoing trend without the development of a new strain or other spike, who can say? For now I’m happy to have my third. Or whatever they deem prudent down the line.

• David1949

February 12, 2022 at 9:25 am

All, the link below is to an article from the Associated Press in today’s newspaper where I live. Very informative.  I am exploring Evusheld with my physician.

David

http://digitaledition.pilotonline.com/infinity/article_share.aspx?guid=26ea78a7-d8a6-4b77-a20a-d04ef49299b1

• David1949

February 12, 2022 at 9:26 am

Price,

This link is to a CDC update on the 4th dose for immune compromised patients.

It is dated February 11, 2022.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/covid-19-vaccines-us.html#considerations-covid19-vax-booster

• Price Wooldridge

February 12, 2022 at 9:28 am

@dpmitnick thanks for this updated CDC document showing 4th shot (booster) for the moderate to severely immunocompromised.
      It’s very helpful!

• David1949

February 12, 2022 at 2:00 pm

You’re welcome.