Lambert-Eaton News Community › Forums › Diagnosed: What now? › Do you have mouth sores?

  • Do you have mouth sores?

    Posted by Community Member on October 4, 2023 at 10:31 am

    Good morning! 

    On our last Zoom call, one of our topics of discussion was if we seem more prone to developing sores in our mouths. 

    It’s something I struggle with, and I realized that I wasn’t the only one with this issue. Turns out, about half of the members who attended the LEMS Zoom call on the 22nd also experienced mouth sores.

    I know many of you aren’t able to make the Zoom calls, but do you have this symptom as well? 

    If so, have you found something that helps them? 

    Community Member replied 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Community Member

    Member

    Yes, I experience mouth sores. Once I was prescribed a medication for them.

    • Community Member

      Member

      Hi Wanda,

      Thanks for sharing! Do you remember what medication helped you?

  • Community Member

    Member

    Ms Ashley! yes! I get blisters or most often canker sores, approx once monthly and they last about a week. Super duper painful. this last time I purchased Dentemp Canker Cover patches. They absolutely worked! I applied them before bedtime and had almost no pain the next morning then again the following night and they went away very quickly. more than anything, it relieved the pain almost instantly. My sores literally cause pain in my jaw that radiates up the side of my head.

  • Community Member

    Member

    Hey Desiree!

    Thanks for sharing! I’m sorry you have them as well! They are definitely quite painful for me too. I haven’t tried canker cover patches, but I’ll have to grab some the next time I have one.

  • Community Member

    Member

    Hi, Yes, I get mouth sores. My doctors call them mouth “ulcers” and they are painful. I have never taken anything for them. They seem different to me than the canker sores I got as a kid.

    • Community Member

      Member

      Hey Kerri!

      So sorry you suffer with these too! 🙁

      • Community Member

        Member

        Hi Ashley,

        I haven’t been on this site in a while, so I am sorry I didn’t get back to you. The mouth sores come and go, but now that I am on Truxima and IVIG, they are so less frequent and painful. I hope you are finding treatment that works and feeling well for the holidays. It’s not easy, but LEMS surely makes me grateful for the little things, family at the holidays among them! I really like the Facebook LEMS group as well, for questions and support. Just found that earlier this month.

  • Community Member

    Member

    We have found that Glyoxide works for mouth sores. Used to purchase at Walmart now we only find on line (we shop at Amazon).

    • Community Member

      Member

      David, Thanks for the tip! I’ll have to try that next time!

  • Community Member

    Member

    Yes, esp. on lips, seemingly for no apparent reason. I use Burts Bee Rapid Rescue OTC.

Log in to reply.