Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics 3 4 Diaminopyridine shortage?

• 3 4 Diaminopyridine shortage?

Posted by Ruth Nixon on September 7, 2021 at 10:09 am

Hi. I just wanted to check. I live in Ireland and am currently on a treatment plan  of 3 4 diaminopyridine. However, my pharmacist is having a huge problem accessing the drug. According to him there is a worldwide shortage.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Ashley

September 7, 2021 at 10:55 am

Hey  @ruth

I personally haven’t heard about this, but I can ask around and find out for you. To clarify, do you mean Firdapse or Ruzurgi?

• Price Wooldridge

September 7, 2021 at 3:28 pm

@ruth we here in the U.S. get our 3,4 Dap as Firdapse and Ruzurgi. From your post it sounds like you are getting 3,4 Dap compounded at a pharmacy. Is this correct?
    Checking with Catalyst Pharmaceuticals here, they are saying yes, there is indeed a shortage in Europe. Have you asked your neurologist to source elsewhere? We aren’t sure where that would be, but BioMarin Pharmaceuticals at one time had the license for it. We are still digging for information, but think you should reach out to your neurologist and elsewhere there to see if there is another way to get it. If we get anymore information here, we will send it along.