Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS A Closer Look at Integrative Medicine

• A Closer Look at Integrative Medicine

Posted by Price Wooldridge on October 21, 2022 at 7:00 am

How do you manage your health challenges? Do you rely wholly on traditional medicine as practiced by physicians all over the world at offices, clinics, and hospitals?

Through the years I’ve been aware of ‘integrative medicine’ as practiced and taught by Dr. Andrew Weil, MD in Arizona. He is the world’s leading proponent of integrative medicine. It’s been a long time, but I’ve read some of his printed books and heard his lectures. Dr. Weil doesn’t reject traditional medicine, but embraces it, where it’s needed. The principles of integrative medicine add the whole person in body, mind and spirit, including all aspects of a person’s lifestyle.

Given where I am in life, and my physical issues with LEMS and other medical disorders, I think it might be good to revisit some of the principles of integrative medicine and how I might re-incorporate some of its best practices into my own lifestyle.

Dr. Weil has a brief explanation of integrative medicine you can read, HERE.

In future topics I’ll try and unravel some of the best of integrative medicine that I (and maybe you) could benefit from.

Have you stuck to traditional medicine, or have you tried or considered alternatives?

Price Wooldridge replied 1 year, 6 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.