Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums BioNews Content Flash Briefings Accommodations To Make Life with LEMS Better – Flash Briefing

• Accommodations To Make Life with LEMS Better – Flash Briefing

Posted by Price Wooldridge on May 20, 2021 at 7:00 am

Visiting with some LEMS patients a month or so ago, we got around to discussing accommodations for LEMS patients. In this instance we were taking about work, but this discussion also applies to accommodations in daily living.
    When I was working for Six Flags Over Texas, I was amongst the public in a very busy setting. Still, it was necessary that at certain times, I needed to take a private break to take an insulin injection. My employer understood the necessity and offered me this small accommodation to my schedule. This is just one example. With the weakness from LEMS, some accommodations can be helpful to make life a bit easier, and allow one to do something they otherwise might not be able to do.
    Lori Dunham, in her column “Stretcher-Bearers”, has written a wonderful piece on the thoughtful accommodations they have made to make her daughter Grace’s life with LEMS better. Here is the Flash Briefing to listen to her article.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/jWsRBvpRmtiYZk197

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 11 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.