Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics Alternative therapies and treatments for LEMS

• Alternative therapies and treatments for LEMS

Posted by Ashley on September 10, 2021 at 6:28 am

Hey all!

I was asked to post a topic on natural/alternative therapies for LEMS. This topic is something I’m excited to talk about because I am a fan of using many natural products to help with my symptoms and flares!

The biggest game changer for me has been using CBD.

If you’re not familiar with CBD, it can be used to treat many things including pain, anxiety, depression and so many others!

I take a dose of sublingual (under the tongue) CBD in the morning and again at night, and double my dose of CBD on my IVIG infusion days.

I found a really great resource that has a database for studies about CBD and each “ailment” it treats and want to share with you.

A section I think you guys might find really helpful is the “Neuro” section which focuses a lot on neuropathic pain. You can check out all of the studies here.

Do any of you use CBD oil to help with your LEMS symptoms? If so, I’d love to hear your experience!

There are so many other alternative treatments we can cover! I was considering doing a different topic each week about other alternative therapies. What do you guys think?

Ashley replied 2 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Price Wooldridge

September 12, 2021 at 10:04 am

@ashleygregory757 sleep is such an issue for me, I use melatonin. I’ve taken it as a pill and as gummy chews. I think I like the gummies better. I’ve gone as high as 10 MG but the dreaming got a bit much. I’ve settled at 5 MG. Sleep is a challenge with LEMS, especially around my IVIG infusions which seem to disturb my sleep (sleep less deeply) pattern the most.

• Ashley

September 13, 2021 at 7:35 am

@pricewool

Melatonin is another really good one! I also take melatonin nightly. Although some think of melatonin as an alternative therapy, its something that’s created naturally by our bodies. Some people’s bodies don’t create enough naturally, so it can be supplemented if you’re having sleeping issues. Staying on a regular sleep cycle and having a wind down period will help your body adjust and it may begin making more on its own!