Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS Big Day, My Covid shot and Pacemaker

• Big Day, My Covid shot and Pacemaker

Posted by Price Wooldridge on February 1, 2021 at 7:00 am

January 22nd was big for me. My pacemaker implant surgery was scheduled for that morning and, with only a one day notice, Tarrant County wanted me for the first Covid shot that day too. I went into a panic and called my fellow moderator, Ashley, to hash this out and figure what to do. We both thought, no way was the surgeon going to allow me to add that shot to my day. Surprisingly, I asked a cardiologist and the surgeon that morning, and got the thumbs up for the vaccine from both. I was told the vaccine wasn’t going to have any effect on what they were doing with my heart. So, literally on my way home from surgery, I got the vaccine shot. It took an hour and ten minutes to go through the process, and then I was on my way home, finally. Needless to say, I’d never intentionally schedule a day like this. But sometimes you just do what’s needed because of the benefits you need so badly. So, don’t let anything stop you from getting the Covid vaccine, as soon as you can.

Price Wooldridge replied 3 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.