• Chris from Poland

Posted by Krzysztof on August 17, 2020 at 8:16 am
    <span lang="en" style="max-height: 999999px;">Hello everyone, my name is Chris. I am 44 years old. I come from Poland, from the city of Rzeszów. I have been suffering from LEMS for 20 years. I am under the care of Universitas Medica Varsoviensis Medical University of Warsaw. I am taking drugs Firdapse 60 mg / 24h, Pyridostigmine 90mg / 24h and Prednisone 35mg / 24h, recently also IVIG infusions for three months. After three years of research and a stay in various hospitals in Poland in 2003, I was diagnosed with LEMS. My condition is good, stable. I went back to work full time and even more. Unfortunately, Firdapse is not reimbursed in Poland. I get it from Biomarin. About 20 people suffer from LEMS in Poland.
    If you have any questions, feel free to write.
    Regards Chris from Rzeszów</span>
    Ashley replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Ashley

August 17, 2020 at 8:30 am

Hi Chris @krzysztoffrompoland!
    Nice to meet you! I’m Ashley, one of the forum moderators here! I’m happy to hear that you are still able to work full time and receive firdapse even if it is not reimbursable in Poland. I also receive IVIG infusions and so does a good number of others here! Thanks for joining our crew and I look forward to hearing more about you.