Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS Crazy Texas Weather delays my Covid Vaccination #2

• Crazy Texas Weather delays my Covid Vaccination #2

Posted by Price Wooldridge on February 22, 2021 at 7:00 am

It’s been all over the national news, Texas’ horrible power grid failure. Texans have suffered long power losses and disruptions to municipal water supplies. People’s lives have been put in jeopardy. And along with that, COVID-19 vaccination sites were unable to open.
    My vaccination #2 was scheduled for Friday, 28 days after the first. That’s the protocol for the Moderna vaccine. It didn’t happen. That day, with roads finally passable, I made a quick drive to the site in desperation and hope. It was closed. I also had not heard any word of that second “official” appointment. Calls to the county health department went unanswered.
    Today, by email, I got my second appointment for vaccine #2 on Monday morning (the day this topic posts). They will reopen, and my appointment is officially on. I’ll receive the second dose 31 days after the first. Under the circumstances, that will be plenty close enough!
    I’ll report the side effects later in the week. The reaction could be more than the first shot, but reports vary wide. I’ll let you know how it goes for this LEMS patient!

Price Wooldridge replied 3 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.