Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics Creating boundaries for the holidays

• Creating boundaries for the holidays

Posted by Ashley on December 15, 2021 at 5:09 pm

Hey all!

Surviving the stress of the holidays can be tough on it’s own, but it can be tougher for those of us that have a chronic illness to manage as well.

I found a really great article with tips on how to create boundaries for the holidays

I think setting boundaries and making expectations clear really helps manage and cut down on the stress we experience.

We have to protect ourselves and do whatever you need to do to keep you as healthy as possible, and some people may not understand or may become upset, but that’s okay. Boundaries are necessary.

Lauren Selfridge (The author of the article) said it best when she said, “You will always be the person who most understands what you need — and it’s up to you to trust and support yourself in making those boundaries known.”

Do you have boundaries you’ve put in place for the holidays?

This year, I set some with my own family.  I decided not to travel to NC to see my family which is an 8 hour drive for me. Personally visiting is always stressful and my family is a little complicated, so I made the decision to have a low key holiday this year. After the year I’ve had, I need something simple and stress free.

What about you? What are your plans?

Ashley replied 2 years, 4 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.