Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics Do you practice the “Use It or Lose It” principle?

• Do you practice the “Use It or Lose It” principle?

Posted by Price Wooldridge on March 11, 2021 at 7:00 am

Yes, if you don’t use it, you lose it. That’s a guiding principle of physical fitness. And I’m not talking just playing scratch golf, or placing in your age category at tennis tournaments. I’m just talking every day fitness and muscle tone. Maybe this principle applies to our brains too…but that’s another topic.
    I was on the treadmill many years ago, chatting with a really ripped dude on the belt next to me. He looked at me, grinned, and said, “We’re all like sharks. We have to keep moving or we die”. Ah, just another way to say, “use it or lose it”.
    The primary symptoms of LEMS are muscle weakness and pain. They all scream exactly the opposite of exercise and moving. Which is exactly why staying active, to the degree we are able, is so important. It promotes muscle strength and tone, and I’m not even throwing in the extra bonus of endorphins tickling your happy brain!
    Are you doing something within you abilities to stay active and fit? If not, think of something, even a daily leisurely stroll around the block for the fresh air and sun. Make it a part of your routine. You know the saying, “If you can do it for a month, it becomes a habit”.

Price Wooldridge replied 3 years, 1 month ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.