• Paul Kohlhoff

March 8, 2021 at 5:35 pm

Hello,

I experienced double vision typically with further away objects and especially in a moving vehicle (very clear side by side images which would go away if I covered an eye).  I first experienced it in summer of 2020 prior to being diagnosed with LEMS in October of 2020.    The double vision has come and gone a few times and haven’t had it for a few months.  Neither Neurologist I’ve visited thought it was a symptom of anything and the Optometrist didn’t see any issues to cause it.  I currently don’t have double vision but just dry eye, droppy eyelids and blurred vision.  I was  interested to see double vision and other vision problems mentioned by others here since my Doctors didn’t think it was related to any neurological issues.

regards,

Paul Kohlhoff

• Price Wooldridge

March 9, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Vision problems can definitely be associated with LEMS, affecting the ocular muscles, @paulk. I too have had blurred vision on occasion. Often I notice it when reading signage while driving or reading the signs in grocery aisles. It can be quite annoying.

• Ashley

March 9, 2021 at 8:35 am

Hey @paulk

Thanks for sharing with us. I’m sorry you also experience blurred vision, I wish I had some helpful tips for you.

I have astigmatism which makes things blurry, but wearing my glasses with correction helps a lot.

• Dorothy Dempsey

March 9, 2021 at 6:51 pm

I too experience vision problems at various times.  I have dx of dry eyes and droopy eyelids and do have double vision and blurred vision especially when I take my walks but, not always.  Any one or more symptoms can occur anytime.  Can be most annoying.  My optometrist finds nothing  unusual for these symptoms to occur.  I am comforted knowing that others are blessed with some of the things I’ve been dealing with.  Makes me think I likely am not making these things up!

• Ashley

March 10, 2021 at 7:18 am

Hey @dordem

Thanks for sharing with us! I’m sorry you also experience blurred and double vision.

Looks like it’s more common with LEMS than I thought sadly. I’m so glad you found our community and we can all relate to each other, I agree that it is very comforting!