Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Treating LEMS Firdapse and Ruzurgi (Amifampridine) FIRDAPSE side effects: Does everyone experience them?

• Wanda Grischkowsky

January 20, 2023 at 3:06 pm

I didn’t experience side effects with Ruzurgi. However, now that I am taking Firdapse, there are side effects including blurry vision, upset stomach, and tingling. Firdapse doesn’t work as well for me compared to Ruzurgi.

Mestinon caused intolerable side effects. Azathioprine cause elevated liver enzymes and didn’t seem to improve my LEMS symptoms.

• Ginny Boynton

January 20, 2023 at 3:59 pm

I was much stronger on 3,4 DAP and then Ruzurgi than I am on Firdapse and am still hoping that Catalyst manufactures Ruzurgi so I can try it again to confirm which medication is preferable for me, but I don’t have any side effects with either medication.

• Ginny Boynton

January 20, 2023 at 4:01 pm

I was much stronger on 3,4 DAP and Ruzurgi than I am on Firdapse so I hope Catalyst manufactures Ruzurgi so I can see which works better for me.

• Price Wooldridge

January 21, 2023 at 12:40 pm

I did just check with Catalyst a few weeks ago regarding a timeline for their Rizurgi manufacture, and was told they did not have an update for me. Know that I am following this closely and will make sure to post any updated news.

• Ginny Boynton

January 21, 2023 at 10:04 pm

Thank you Price. I’m really struggling. I hope they get a move on. As soon as the current supply runs out there are going to be a lot of people with issues.

Page 2 of 2