Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Introductions Hi! My name is Linda Brooks with Lems

• Hi! My name is Linda Brooks with Lems

Posted by Linda Btooks on October 6, 2021 at 9:09 am

I am 74 years old and also have
    Copd. My journey started with numbness in both feet. Referred to a neurologist last fall. After emg and three blood test I was diagnosed. My blood test for calcium channel antibody started at .49 raised to .69 and recently increased to .94. This increased over a 9 month period. My major issue is major fatigue also due to copd. Just started firedasp and not seeing much benefit at yet. Taking 10mg three times a day. Perhaps need to increase it. Glad to be part of this group. So very confused right now and somewhat in denial.

Ashley replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Ashley

October 6, 2021 at 9:44 am

Hey @lindabrooks !

Thanks for sharing your story with us!

Do you know if your calcium channel antibodies were P/Q or N-type? LEMS patients have have both or one of them present, but each antibody produces a little bit of different effects. For example, patients with N-type (like me) are usually younger and have more symptoms related to the autonomic nervous system/ dysautonomia.

How long ago did you start Firdapse?

I also have pretty bad fatigue, but IVIG therapy has given me a lot of help and is a common treatment for LEMS.

Here’s some info on IVIG therapy for LEMS patients

There is a lot of other information on other treatment options here

Hope this helps! Looking forward to hearing back from you! Keep us posted!