Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics It’s Easy to Worry with LEMS, Your Circles of Mindset

• It’s Easy to Worry with LEMS, Your Circles of Mindset

Posted by Price Wooldridge on February 17, 2021 at 1:00 pm

I’ve found LEMS to not only mess with our lifestyles, but also our minds. We all worry, but too much is, well, too much. Too much worry on your mind, and it becomes counterproductive. I learned through training from Franklin Covey and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, we all have three circles of mindset. By degrees, the first is your circle of control. The second, your circle of influence. And the third is your circle of concern. Thinking about LEMS, where does that fit in this analysis? Well, we certainly don’t have control. We didn’t ask for LEMS and we can’t, by wish or action, lose it. It’s definitely within our circle of influence though. We can choose to be proactive, and get on a treatment plan to help mitigate the symptoms of LEMS. The circles of mindset are all about what we can, or can’t do about something. The last, and most bothersome, is your circle of concern. This is the one that can get you in trouble. These are problems you are concerned about, but have no influence or control over.
    When I find myself worrying too much, I stop to consider whether I have any control or influence over the issue. If not, it’s important to try and put that in perspective. As the hackneyed phrase goes, “don’t sweat the small stuff”. Especially the stuff you’ve got no control or influence on. Here’s to better mental health!

Price Wooldridge replied 3 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.