Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Lambert-Eaton, Is There an App For That?

• Lambert-Eaton, Is There an App For That?

Posted by Price Wooldridge on March 14, 2022 at 7:00 am

The short answer is, I don’t think so, yet.

While browsing the Myasthenia Gravis News Today webpage, our sister disorder has a top of column article on an app about to release for use by MG patients. It’s being touted as a mobile app to help patients manage their disease and improve their care and clinical outcomes. That sounds pretty darned good! You can read this interesting article HERE. LEMS patients have so much in common, I wonder if this app would be beneficial for us too.

Doing a little digging by going to the website from BrightInSight, a partner in the app development, I noted there is mention of patients using Hizentra. I know of several patients with LEMS taking Hizentra. Could this app apply to them? It’s a question I don’t have the answer to.

I also visited the app partner website for UCB, a pharmaceutical company. Looking at their medications, I didn’t recognize anything LEMS patients commonly take, but that’s just my unprofessional quick take.

The bottom line, is I think we LEMS patients should keep an eye on this app development. Anything that could help manage LEMS, and improve our care and clinical outcomes, would be a big plus. The webpage literature says they are developing software for many rare diseases.

What’s your take on this? Would you use an app? Do you currently use any app that helps with your LEMS management? More to come I hope!

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 1 month ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.