Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS Mental Health Issues? Talk to Someone

• Mental Health Issues? Talk to Someone

Posted by Price Wooldridge on May 19, 2021 at 1:00 pm

Let’s face it, living with LEMS is tough. It’s more than a challenge. It can become all-consuming. As Ashley said in a recent post, May is Mental Health Awareness Month. So let’s be aware!
    I suspect most of us have little problem being aware when we’re being dragged down emotionally. I’m no psychologist, but I’d like to suggest communication is a key tool to help fight depression. If you’re feeling blue, talk! Talk to your roomie, your sibling, your cousin, a close confidant, and certainly your with your significant other, just someone. But talk. Talking things through helps your brain process. It doesn’t necessarily chase away the blues immediately, so keep doing it! Repetition reinforces the processing. Don’t you feel better after talking it out with someone? I sure do! So, when you’re depressed, don’t sulk and go radio silent. Give your brain the chance to processes by talking away the blues!

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 11 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.