Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics Singing the Holiday Blues

• Singing the Holiday Blues

Posted by Price Wooldridge on December 21, 2021 at 4:32 pm

It’s the time of year to celebrate holidays all around the world. Most are celebrations centered around religious observances. Then there’s the celebration of the New Year. One would normally associate holidays, celebrations, and gatherings as happy, fun times. So, why is this a time so famous for the blues?

So much of the holiday season centers around family and friends. If all our friends and all our family stayed consistent every year, we’d have these great gatherings and parties forever. Wouldn’t that be great! Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) the only thing constant in life IS change. It could be anything, a death, a marriage, a divorce, a move, a new partner, an estrangement. Anything can and does predictably upset the gestalt (sum of the parts) in gatherings, celebrations and parties. Hence the blues.

Me, I’ve been pretty lucky that I rarely get the blues. Why, I’m not sure. Other’s seem to come down with a case relatively easily.

What’s the cure for the blues? Wish I knew, but I can definitively say it’s not a pill.
    In my family, a recent death has changed where and with whom we celebrate Christmas with this year. What will my Christmas be like next year? I don’t have a clue. So perhaps, it’s recognizing what brings the blues on and how best to counteract it. For me it’s just being as close to family and friends as possible, sharing food and joy being together.

I hope you won’t be singing the blues this holiday season either!

Price Wooldridge replied 2 years, 4 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.