Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Diagnosed: What now? Sports medicine surgery with LEMS

• Sports medicine surgery with LEMS

Posted by Ashley on May 29, 2020 at 7:31 am

Good morning all!
    Sorry I have been radio silent for a few days. I am having surgery next week for a work related injury on my shoulder and have been trying to get myself ready for this. The surgeon is thinking that I have a tear in my bicep tendon. He asked me several questions about LEMS. I was wondering if anyone else has had a shoulder decompression/acromioplasty with a bicep tenodesis in the group? I am expected to be in a sling for about a month and in physical therapy for an additional four months. My original injury occurred in December and I have been doing physical therapy since then. I had decided to have surgery the week before they cancelled elective surgery and waited two months to be able to get this done.  The surgeon was reaching out to my neurologist to see if LEMS would slow my recovery, especially if he finds a tear. If you have been through this or a similar surgery, what suggestions do you have for me?

Ashley replied 3 years, 11 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.