Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums General Questions and Topics Spreading the word about LEMS!

• Spreading the word about LEMS!

Posted by Ashley on January 6, 2021 at 8:00 am

Hey all!

I did something exciting to start the new year off!

I’ve been thinking awhile about getting a tattoo to help spread some LEMS awareness, So I did it!

If I had to say I had a personal mantra, it would be “When life gives you LEMonS, make lemonade.” This is a phrase I use to stay positive no matter how hard things may get. I collect items with lemons on them because of this and I lovingly refer to us LEMS patients as LEMons (If you didn’t already know).

So here she is!

I’m hoping this may be a conversation starter and allow me to share more information about LEMS with the world! It’s also a little reminder to me to stay positive which is why I wanted it in a spot that would be easily visualized.

What do you guys think?

Are you willing to do something BOLD to share LEMS awareness?

Ashley replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Karen Foshee

January 9, 2021 at 11:01 am

Ashley, that is beautiful! What a purposeful, well thought of way to share LEMS and to remind yourself to stay strong!  I’m 66 and you have me thinking… can I be this BOLD?  I’m going to seriously consider it. 🙂

• Ashley

January 11, 2021 at 7:30 am

Hey

@galvezgal

Thank you! You CAN definitely be as bold! I think as LEMonS, we are all very tough! If you decide to do it, be sure to share with us! 🙂